If you stop by ImaginOn: The Joe & Joan Martin Center, follow the ramp to the top floor and discover a unique find in the Queen City: The Loft for Teens. With a space and staff dedicated to youth 12- to 18-years-old, The Loft features not only an extensive young adult collection and traditional library resources but also year-round, daily programming. From art club to robot builds; competitive gaming to cultural conversations; job resources to cooking classes, teens can explore a number of opportunities and cultivate new interests. Explore the calendar of upcoming programs!
Featured programs include:
- MakerCamp! (Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 2 p.m.): A summer STEM program hosted by Loft Staff for building, tinkering, & exploring. During these sessions, teens will have the opportunity to make awesome projects.
- Lucrative Pop Culture (Friday, July 22, 2 p.m.): Teens learn about the standup comedy profession and meet local trailblazing comedians.
- Survival 101 (Monday, July 25, 2 p.m.): Learn the basics of nature survival skills and how to prep for the unforeseen with Corey Sperling, Environmental Educator, from the Reedy Creek Nature Center.
- Bookmaking with April Marten (Thursday, July 28. 2 p.m.): Explore the creative world of book arts and make your own book! Learn about the techniques, processes and tools artists use to make unique books.
- Toonami Thursday (Thursday, August 11, 2 p.m.): Join us for a block of classic Japanese anime and activities. This month’s showing is Fullmetal Alchemist.
Any questions about upcoming programs? Feel free to contact The Loft staff by telephone at 704.416.4660.